IB Diploma and AP Economics Teacher
LOCATION: Waterloo, Belgium
LINE MANAGER/REPORTING INTO: MHS Principal
FULL TIME/PART TIME: Part-time
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31st May
LANGUAGES REQUIRED: English
Inspired is seeking to appoint a IB Diploma and AP Economics Teacher to join us on 16 August 2022.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The most collaborative environment, at every level, that you will find anywhere;
- Excellent resources
- Excellent professional development within the Inspired group and a global network of over 70 schools to learn alongside
- At the leading edge of independent school thinking;
- A culture of excellence;
- Network of opportunities:
- Competitive package
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Plan and teach the designated IB Economics according to the current Economics Subject Guide
- Continue to integrate the AP Micro Economics examination into the teaching of the Grade 11 IB Diploma Economics course
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners, especially English language learners, ensuring all aspects of the curriculum are adequately covered
- Develop, enhance and document existing curriculum, while ensuring continued coordination and alignment within the subject group and broader school priorities
- Use a variety of assessment techniques in keeping with the assessment policy and ensure at least three summative tasks per semester, including an examination, inform that final grade decision each semester
- Supervise a small group of Extended Essay and/or Personal Projects students
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants will be expected to provide a detailed CV, a letter of application (which shows how their experience relates to the categories within the job description and which is no more than two pages in length) and names of three referees from a recent/current appointment, to be sent to the Anne Marchi, HR Manager, at email@example.com, by 9 May 2022.
SAFEGUARDING: Inspired are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and if successful you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles and values of our organization.
Any successful applications will also be required to undergo rigorous child protection screening including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check as well as completing any relevant safeguarding assessments
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT: Inspired Education is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by law.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Inspired makes hiring decisions based solely the skills, experiences and attributes needed to continue to deliver excellence.