LOCATION: Waterloo, Belgium
LINE MANAGER/REPORTING INTO: Business Manager
FULL TIME/PART TIME: Full-time
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30 April 2022
LANGUAGES REQUIRED: English & French
SJIS Management Services is seeking to appoint an Accounts Coordinator to join ASAP on a full-time basis.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The most collaborative environment, at every level, that you will find anywhere;
- Excellent resources
- Excellent professional development within the Inspired group and a global network of over 70 schools to learn alongside
- At the leading edge of independent school thinking;
- A culture of excellence;
- Network of opportunities:
- Competitive package
ROLE SUMMARY & JOB PURPOSE
The candidate will be the link between the shared service centre in the UK and the local operation of three entities. He/she will ensure that all documets sent for accounting processing are documented, appropriately approved, coded and timely sent. He/She will perform accounting activities, either in conjuction with the shared service or independently to ensure that Belgian fiscal requirements are met. Customer contact will be of primary importance to manage requests and to follow-up on overdue accounts.
This is a full time position. The candidate will have to be able to put processes in place to ensure efficiencies. He/she will have minimal guidance and needs to be proactive.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Document supplier’s invoices received and send to shared service centre
- Ensure suppliers’ invoices are approved and correctly coded prior to sending to the shared service centre, in the UK
- Ensure VAT return are timely submitted
- Ensure all statutory requirements are submitted to fiscal authorities on due date; e.g. suppliers’ listing at 31 March, Document 281.50 at 30 June and any other requiring submission
- Annually, publish accounts on the BNB
- Liaise with the auditors for interim and annual audits, ensuring all requested information are timely provided
- Manage customer requests with regard to invoicing and instalment payment plan
- Draw up instalment payment plan agreement for customers to sign, ensuring administration charges are raised in the plan
- Contact customers who have not responded to collection reminders, documenting responses and follow-up needs
- Set up direct debit order SEPA payments based on instalment payment plan agreed
- Liaise with local banks when necessary
- Ad-hoc related activities not mentioned above
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants will be expected to provide a supporting statement clearly outlining why they are interested in the position and school, a CV with their details and history of employment and achievements and the name of three referees from a recent/current appointment, to be sent to the HR Manager, Anne Marchi, at email@example.com, by 30 April 2022
SAFEGUARDING:Inspired are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and if successful you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles and values of our organization.
Any successful applications will also be required to undergo rigorous child protection screening including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check as well as completing any relevant safeguarding assessments
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT:Inspired Education is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by law.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Inspired makes hiring decisions based solely the skills, experiences and attributes needed to continue to deliver excellence.