Please see the full job description.
Letter of interest and CVs should be sent via e‐mail to: Anne Marchi, HR Manager.
It is expected that each faculty member of St. John's have knowledge of the school’s basic philosophy, agree to support this system of education and be willing to enforce the regulations of the school.
In support of the IBO/PYP Standards and Practices and the St. John’s mission and philosophy each Elementary School Faculty member is expected to demonstrate and model the following:
- a thorough knowledge of and support for the St. John's and IBO philosophy and policy
- positive school spirit and support of all aspects of the school programs, keeping up to date with activities and events through newsletters, emails and information from administration.
- cooperation and flexibility, accepting responsibility and taking on different roles to support the programme
- support for language learning in the language of instruction, in the host country language and the mother tongue
Leadership and Structure:
- respect and adherence to structures designed to support the implementation of the programme: deadlines and due dates set by administration, respect for the lines of communication and chain of command within the school.
- personal and professional goal-setting which supports the elementary school goals and promotes individual growth for the individual member of staff.
Resources and Support:
- participation in the required in-service days staff meetings, team meetings, and all PYP meetings (both full-time and part-time employees)
- a willingness to seek information to further his/her knowledge of PYP through participation in on-going educational opportunities such as workshops, in-service, faculty meetings and professional literature
- manage and use resources to facilitate in-depth inquiry into the transdiciplinary and disciplinary dimensions of the curriculum
- a commitment to collaboration with colleagues in planning, assessment and reflection
- make use of the PYP planner and planning process across the curriculum
- participation in collaborative planning opportunities throughout the year and maintaining lines of communication
- develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of the written curriculum through the Scope and Sequence documents, Programme of Inquiry and unit planners
- participate in regular reviews and updates of curriculum documentation
Teaching and Learning:
- ensure that students experience coherence in their learning through the implementation of the PYP
- use inquiry across the curriculum, addressing the competencies, experiences, learning needs and styles of the students
- provide a learning environment in which students can work independently and collaboratively
- integrity, honesty, and fairness in promoting the cultures, languages, identities and self-esteem of all students
- encourage students to take meaningful action as a result of their learning
- ensure assessment is integral to planning, teaching and learning throughout the school
- understanding and use of a range of assessment practices to recognize the individuality of each student
- provide opportunities for self-assessment and reflection and feedback on learning to inform students and parents
- maintain student assessment data to provide evidence of learning over time.
We are looking for candidates interested in being added to our list of substitute teachers for Elementary School. Interested candidates should send their CV to Anne Marchi